Sunday, June 20, 2010

Reflections on the Trip--Kate

1. What was the most interesting or educational of the sites we visited and why? I liked Palo Duro Canyon because we got to see part of it used in the play. I thought it was interesting how they incorporated the canyon into the play about the history of Texas.
2. What was the least interesting site we visited and why? Red Rock State Park because we didn’t really do anything and it was just a wall of rock. (And the bathrooms were locked.)
3. The thing about this trip I’ll never forget is actually seeing the Grand Canyon with my own eyes and not through the TV.
4. Everyday I looked forward to hiking, but after we did all our major sight-seeing I started looking forward to my own shower.
5. I got tired of having to wait to use the shower.
6. It was a “bummer” when I fell because the spider was chasing me and when I spilled Kook-Aid on my shirt.
7. A “pleasant surprise” was that the Kool-Aid came out and that we got to ride horses which I had forgotten about.
8. If you could go back to a site on this trip THIS summer and show it to your family, where would it be and why? Bryce Canyon because I really liked that hike, and I think my brother and sister would think it was really cool too.
9. What did you pack or bring that you did not need at all – should’a left at home? 3 decks of cards
10. What did you NOT bring, but wish you had? poncho
11. What about this trip would you change (considering only realistic, reasonable changes)? Everything should be open.
12. What part of this trip should NEVER change? All of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment