Friday, June 18, 2010

Grand Canyon to Texas

I have to say that I have never seen snow in the middle of June. Well, it started snowing on our way to the North Rim. We got out for a snowball fight in shorts and flip flops. It was very cold and I wore my jeans and sweatpants for 3 days. We went to the South Rim and hiked down to the first water hole and back. Ms. Littlejohn’s grandson camped with us for a few days and he was a lot of fun. We went to Famous Dave’s last night for dinner and got to Palo Duro Canyon Campground last night very late and set up our tents in the wind. We ended up going to the vans to sleep for about an hour. It was soooo uncomfortable! We went horseback riding this morning and I had a horse named Peanut! The ride was so much fun and very pretty!! Can’t wait to see you guys when we get back!

~Abi y.

No comments:

Post a Comment