Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reflections on the Trip--Eric

1. What was the most interesting or educational of the sites we visited and why? Meteor Crater because I liked the movie about how it was made, and Glen Canyon Dam because I liked the tour and learned a lot about how it works.
2. What was the least interesting site we visited and why? Walnut Canyon—I liked hiking but it seemed like a mini version of the Grand Canyon.
3. The thing about this trip I’ll never forget is camping outside at Sunset Crater because I saw a lot of stars and it was very beautiful.
4. Everyday I looked forward to going to see a new National Park because they’re interesting.
5. I got tired of eating a sandwich every day.
6. It was a “bummer” when Four Corners and Grand Staircase Escalante were closed.
7. A “pleasant surprise” was we got snow and got to go to Cici’s and Famous Dave’s.
8. If you could go back to a site on this trip THIS summer and show it to your family, where would it be and why? Bryce Canyon because it’s really beautiful. I loved hiking through it and seeing all the rock formations.
9. What did you pack or bring that you did not need at all – should’a left at home? A comb because I didn’t have much time to brush my hair.
10. What did you NOT bring, but wish you had? An outside fan because it was very hot in Arkansas.
11. What about this trip would you change (considering only realistic, reasonable changes)? I would go to Zion National Park.
12. What part of this trip should NEVER change? Going to Coral Pink Sand Dunes and having fun there.

1 comment:

  1. Guess sandwiches are out for dinner when you get home Sunday,glad you had such a good time,you scientists need to invent a solar power fan. Good thing you didn't take the hair gel.Can't wait to hear all about it. Hope you sent postcards to Emily.

    ReplyDelete