Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Expectations Exceeded

What a trip! We are doing fine and having no problems except an occasional loss of internet service. I do believe the students will be back at some time in their lifetime to share the beautiful scenery and natural structures. The Goosenecks made us consider coming back for a rafting trip in the future. My hope and desire is for every student to discover something that they want to explore more.

The Glen Canyon Dam had a waiting time of 2 hours. I considered not staying in Page, Arizona and passing the tour up, but the students insisted we stay. I was thrilled. It was something I wanted them to do. When the students hiked at the Navajo National Monument this morning, they were so respectful of the Navajo Indians and their culture. Thanks for providing this opportunity to your children.

~Ms. Littlejohn

3 comments:

  1. We should all thank you for providing this opportunity for 22 years, you make it a very special trip for all the kids who have gone in the past and who have still to go in the future.
    I hope they all realize that if not for you the trips if made would be so different.You make it what it is and so different then if it was with Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just loving reading all of your posts - bringing back terrific memories of the last two summers for Will and me! Soak it all up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Littlejohn,
    lisa.schuler said... Ms. Littlejohn,
    I cannot say enough to express my thanks and deepest gratitude. The trip is an amazing adventure contributing to those attending in multitudes of ways. My commendations to you and the chaperones for investing in the students. The trip imparts an extraordinary impact on the learning experience of all ages. The day to day update is much appreciated, thanks for sharing the fun with us at home. Lisa & Fred Schuler

    ReplyDelete