Friday, July 3, 2009

Notes from the star student of The Alcorn School of Fishing...

Hey Dad, I caught a two pound Rainbow Trout! And five trout all together!
I saw some Mule Deer, Antelope with two baby fawns, and a wild buffalo, and prairie dogs. And Oreo is still fatter than the little prairie dogs! I wanted to keep one of the prairie dogs, but I couldn't because they are too fast - darn those chubby prairie dogs!
Me, Twig (Will W.), Rashaad, and Sean and my mom caught 19 fish all together and we grilled them, really fried them, and we caught alot of suckers - small fish - that I had to throw back. I know I accidentally threw one on land and couldn't get to it, so it accidentally died!
We ran over a snake when we were pulling into our campsite the very first day. It's head was crushed and it had beetles inside of it - it was gross. Right now we're seeing Devil's Tower. And, we've seen Mt. Rushmore, The Badlands, Crazy Horse - which is supposed to be the biggest monument, bigger than Mt. Rushmore. I thought one person built Mt. Rushmore on his own, but I found out that about 50 - 60 people helped. We met one of the men that helped work on Lincoln and Jefferson, and he said that he was 88 years old.
We're having alot of fun here and we miss you!
Mom says to put "lots of love"

Trent

pictures: Mom and Will W. fishing on the banks of the pond at our campsite at Custer State Park.
Debbie and Trent / Big Fish!

1 comment:

  1. Go Mom!!! I know that you are having a blast!!!
    Mrs. Rodes

    ReplyDelete