Thursday, July 2, 2009

from Sean...


This trip has been amazing. The first two days were just driving and, as boring as it sounds, were pretty fun. Spinning stories, talking, and just this and that. We also played cards back at our tent after dinner. I was also awakened to “Sean, get up, come on.” and, “wake up already, Sean.” It was Daniel. Then we went to the Corn Palace and the Badlands on day 3. I went corn crazy and filled up my phone’s pictures with corn pictures. Not pictures of corn, pictures made of corn. In case you’re wondering, I took nearly 45 pictures there. Every time I hear that something was so amazing that you forget to breathe, I think, “How do you forget to breathe? Seriously.” Seeing the vast, majestic badlands made me forget to breathe, I was reminded when I turned light-headed and my heart beat a million times a minute. We got to see Mount Rushmore yesterday and it was
awesome. I really wished more people could see Mount Rushmore, in person, not through pictures. Pictures can’t show its true grandness. Today we went swimming and had a [you guessed it] awesome time.

This trip has been outstanding.

From here in South Dakota,
-Sean.
July 1st

photo - Sean and Will studying corn and dock trimmings on the sidewalk left from the decorating of the corn palace

No comments:

Post a Comment