Saturday, June 11, 2011

Adam--what I learned

I learned that Yellowstone has so many animals. It has grizzlies, black bears, sheep, moose, ground squirrels, and buffalo. I never knew that. I always thought that it was just trees, geysers, and hot springs. I also thought that it was really hot-not lots of snow and cold. We saw so many animals. We saw almost all the animals I listed above and more. It was so cool seeing the buffalo crossing the road.

Yellowstone is an important national park, and I'm going to tell you why. It contains many different types of wildlife. All of which play an important role in their ecosystem. Getting rid of one could kill all the others. It's also a home for bald eagles which is our national symbol. Killing one is illegal. If we made it no longer a national park, they could be killed. That's killing our national symbol. Unless you're a terrorist, don't do it. If you are one, then leave. Yellowstone also has 2/3 of the world's geysers and many hot springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment