Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Badlands

It's a day after we've been to the Badlands, and I'm still thinking about them. The endless array of reds and browns stacked into mountainous heaps of strong, hard rock. I wish I could of stayed there forever and stared, wide-eyed, at the magnificent colors in which was created by our home. I wish I could of stayed and experienced the winds and rain that weather away this great attraction. Have you ever leaned back into the wind and waited for it to push you back up? If you're like me, sometimes that doesn't happen, ending in a hard fall to the ground. In the Badlands, it's a different case. Anyone, big or small, can lean back, using all force, and come right back up. The wind sweeps though your hair and washes away all of your thoughts. It's a day after we've been to the Badlands, and I'm still thinking about it.
~ Lydia
Date: May 31, 2011








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lydia. Makes me wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia,

    What a beautiful description of The Badlands! I felt like I was there with you.

    You should send your blog post to your writing teacher. Really, you should.

    Mary Littlejohn

    ReplyDelete