Tuesday, June 30, 2009

from Ms. Littlejohn











To make our experience at Mt. Rushmore even more exciting today, we met one of the original workers who worked from 1938 until 1940. He has written a book in an attempt to answer the most asked questions about the work done over a 17 year period. He signed a book for our school library and was willing to have his picture taken with several of our students. His name was Nick Clifford and he is 88 years old.

In our travel to Mt. Rushmore, we passed several herd of buffalo on the road. They stroll very leisurely and we are convinced that they know they are protected and can do anything they want. They snort and walk right in front of your vehicle. The mothers were very protective of the young and actually pushed and prodded them to move.

Yesterday, I got a great surprise. We had stopped for gas and were getting ready to drive off when a car approached from the side and I actually thought was going to hit us. I looked up to say to the vehicle, “What do you think you are doing?” My daughter-in-law, Mary, waved! I couldn’t believe it! My son and his wife had decided to surprise me and that they did. They also brought my 3 year old grandson, Brant.

We are having a great time! I wish all of you could share this experience with your children.
Patty Littlejohn



3 comments:

  1. Ms. Littlejohn, as well as all other chaperones, thank you so much for this trip. Its has already been such a great experience even from this side of the blog. I am sure that all the kids don't know how much planning and time this trip takes, but I have an idea. Keep up these daily post so that we all get the priveledge of such a wonderful adventure.

    Kellye DePriest

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to follow your experiences. Thanks for the postings. Scott, you are a writer!
    Buffalo Burgers? How were they?
    Thanks for posting! We are reading everything.

    Dennis Barber
    (Scott's Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats awesome dad. we havn't had buffalo burgers yet.
    -scott

    ReplyDelete